"Because of God’s tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us,
to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace.” (Luke 1:78-79)

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's been awhile

Long time...no write. I hope to be a little more faithful than this! But that's life, isn't it? The past week has been kind of crazy, plus my computer is acting up. I think it knows it's not long for this world, and is planning to go out with a bang...and by making me totally frustrated. My dear son in-law has ordered me a laptop and I CAN'T WAIT for this new toy to arrive!

Today is my first day home - alone - in I don't know how long. Kyle has missed 4 days of school in the past two weeks...all because of anxiety. Not good. Couple that with the snow days, and well, let's just say the anxiety (and frustration) level around here has been somewhat high.

Is it a coincidence that Steve is leaving on Friday to spend 10 days in Russia? He plans to share the love of Christ with children and adults who have maybe never even heard of Jesus. Steve and I have talked about how Satan just seems to want to suck the joy out of his trip by trying his hardest to make our lives messy right now. I'm so thankful that God's power is greater than Satan's. I know that God is up to something big...and I sense that Satan knows this as well.

A couple of passages that have been running through my mind these past few days (as I consider Steve's trip to Russia) are these:

Isaiah 55:10-11 " As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

I John 4:4 "You are of God...and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."

I know that God's Word will accomplish what He desires and I know that God is greater than the prince of this world (Satan).

Please be in prayer for Steve and the others as they minister and serve in Russia. Thanks!

1 comment:

Carol Overweg said...

I'll be praying for Steve and also for you and Kyle at home. Hopefully now that Steve has left and Kyle's anticipation of that is over it's my prayer that He'll be less anxious. Love you so. Carol