"Because of God’s tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us,
to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace.” (Luke 1:78-79)

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I finally did it!

Okay, so this is all new to me! This is something I've thought about doing for a long time now, but just never worked up the courage (I'm pretty tech-illiterate). But today I decided to give it a try!

The picture on the right is one of my favorites. I took it when Steve and I were in Cancun last January. To me it looks like we're standing just on this side of heaven. I love the way the light is shining through the arch. You can almost feel the warmth on your face...

I wish I was in Cancun today! For the past several days the temps here have fallen far below zero. But in a matter of weeks, spring will arrive. And isn't that the way it is? We endure the cold frigid days of winter, but the promise of spring is always near.

Just like life on this side of heaven. We so often experience struggles, problems, trials...cold, dark days. But never without hope! We should never forget that the shadows are all on this side of paradise. Even here the Light of heaven shines through -- warming us from the inside out -- reminding us that the best is yet to come!

"For you who fear My name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in His wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture." Malachi 4:2

No comments: