"Because of God’s tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us,
to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace.” (Luke 1:78-79)

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New gems of truth

God's Word for me today...

"...A disciple in the Kingdom of Heaven is like a homeowner who brings from his storeroom new gems of truth as well as old." (Matt. 13:52b NLT)

It's so easy to slip into the thinking that I've already heard and know all I need to about Jesus (lots of Christian education...church attendance...Bible studies, etc., under my belt). But as I'm more intentionally searching and seeking to know and experience Jesus, I'm discovering precious new gems of truth! These gems were always there, hidden in God's Word -- I just hadn't discovered them yet. I love it when I have a genuine "AH-HA" moment with God! I see His smile and His nod of affirmation. "You've got it!", I hear Him say with joy.

I hold the gem close to my heart and relish the treasure. When the time is right, this gem of truth is shared with someone close to me. And God blesses someone else with its riches.

No comments: