"Because of God’s tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us,
to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace.” (Luke 1:78-79)

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

surrender...

The other morning a note on my mirror caught my eye.  I had taped this to my mirror years ago...in fact, it's been there so long that it's become part of the decor of my room!  It's a quote from funny lady, Patsy Clairmont (a Women of Faith speaker).

Good Morning!  This is God.  I will be handling all your problems today.  I will not need your help.  So, have a good day!

I've read that note often throughout the years -- sometimes with a sense of desperation, and at other times with a sense of calmness and surrender.  When I first heard it, Stephanie and Katie were young teenagers and Kyle was probably around 7 or 8.  Enough said!!  I would often wake up exhausted from a night of too little sleep (those nights when Kyle would be awake for 2 or 3 hours during the night) and face a morning battle of some sort with one child or another (if you're a mom, you know the routine!). What a wonderful thing to be able to unload my problems and cares on God.  He is perfectly capable and willing to deal with my problems.  My responsibility is simply to hand them over to God, trusting and believing He is able to work all things out for my good.  

Surrender doesn't always come easily.  We too often think we know best how to handle our problems.  But God is bigger than our problems.  He sees the end from the beginning, and He knows the best way to get to the other side.  God wants us to surrender 100% of ourselves to Him.  And that includes any problem we're facing today -- ANY problem.  Allow God to take it off your hands and see just what He's capable of!   

and...have a good day!



 

No comments: