"Because of God’s tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us,
to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace.” (Luke 1:78-79)

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Perspective...

This morning I read this gem of Truth...

"For everything comes from God and exists by His power and is intended for His glory.  All glory to Him forever!  Amen.  Romans 11:36 (NLT)

What an incredible perspective that puts on life!  And what an awesome prayer...  Father, I come from You, and I exist only by Your power, and my life is intended for Your glory.  Help me never to lose sight of this truth. 

Life is all about God, isn't it?  We get so hung up on our issues, our problems, our pleasures, OURSELVES.  Then we come across a verse like this and it's as if God hangs a billboard over our path. Once again we're reminded that He is the source and Creator of all...that He is the power and sustainer of all...and that He is the rightful and intended recipient of all glory.

What a challenge to remember that and to choose daily to live with this perspective!

2 comments:

Jean said...

where is my like button? ~:-)

Bev Roozeboom said...

Amen! God needed to set me straight. Mission accomplished!