"Because of God’s tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us,
to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace.” (Luke 1:78-79)

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Unlocking the Treasure

A project I've been working on for over three years has finally been completed!  A Bible study I wrote has just been published.  Unlocking the Treasure is a five-week Bible study written specifically for moms who have been entrusted with special needs children.

A few years ago I was given a very strong impression by God to write a Bible study for moms with special needs kids.  God imprinted on my mind what this study would look like and I scribbled down notes as the thoughts poured in.  I soon had a very rough outline of the topics to cover and other ideas to implement.  As time went on, of course, these ideas were tweaked and edited, until this book was finally birthed!  My prayer is that this study will offer hope and encouragement to weary moms who are often disillusioned and disheartened by the daily challenges they face.

Tucked within the pages of the study are several real-life stories from other moms of special needs kids.  These stories reveal, among other things, the joys and challenges, the frustrations and faith of women who walk a very difficult road.

If you would like a copy or know of someone who would, please feel free to contact me.  I have several copies available to sell or I could give you the publisher's contact information.  The books are $16.95 each.

My hope is to organize a study group in Pella with several other moms of special needs kids.  Let me know if you would be interested in joining!  I'd probably want to do this in the fall.  My contact information is listed on my profile page.

The verse that inspired the title is Isaiah 33:6.  He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure. 

Available to us is a treasure chest of riches.  How fun to unlock this treasure and discover what He has in store for us!

1 comment:

megan vande voort said...

That is AWESOME Bev and very needed! I'm sure it will be a blessing to many moms out there!